Monday, July 30, 2012

Kindergarten Assessments...Check!!!

Well, I was planning on painting one of my bathrooms today, but that plan went out the window after I opened the can of paint we bought last September to find that it was severely separated and very hard at the bottom!  Soooooo, instead I forced myself to work on my Kindergarten assessment rubrics for my SLO's at the beginning of the school year and voila!  They are completed!  Well, completed for now...usually after I create something like this I need to sit back for a few days and then go back to review them.

Our new teacher evaluation system is based on Marzano so my rubrics follow his basic template:

4
In addition to exhibiting level 3 performance, the student’s responses demonstrate in-depth inferences and applications that go beyond what was taught in class.
3
The student’s responses demonstrate no major errors or omissions regarding any of the information and/or processes
2
The student’s responses indicate major errors or omissions regarding the more complex ideas and processes; however they do not indicate major errors or omissions relative to the simpler details and processes
1
The student provides responses that indicate a distinct lack of understanding of the knowledge. However, with help, the student demonstrates partial understanding of some of the knowledge.
0
The student provides little or no response. Even with help the student does not exhibit a partial understanding of the knowledge.

 The above two rubrics will be glued to the back of their projects and they will receive a number grade.  I've decided to give number grades instead of my normal E, S, N, U on projects, that way it's easier to show growth and the amount of growth.  They will still receive the letter grade on their report card however, because special teachers in my school are only allowed to give letter grades.


This is a separate rubric to be put onto the back of their self-portrait project.  I'm actually thinking I might be able to use this for both Kindergarten and 1st grade.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I find this helpful in developing proficiency scales for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I find this helpful in developing proficiency scales for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your rubric. I'm a new visual arts teacher and this is very helpful!!

    ReplyDelete