Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Requisition Time!

I know most other teachers at my school cringe when it comes time to do the requisitions for next year...even the other art teacher hates it!  Me, on the other hand, I LOVE it!  I am a neat freak when it comes to organization (though you wouldn't be able to tell by my desk...) so I use this time to take inventory of what I have "in stock".

I'm not sure how other schools do this but we must have our requisitions in by the first week in January for the next year.  We have the opportunity to buy from the Boces bids or order from places like Dick Blick or Nasco.  I generally get my paper supplies, pipe cleaners, buttons, beads, etc. from the Boces bid (not always the best quality, especially the construction paper, but I have to give somewhere.  The watercolor paper is at least good!)  I turn to Nasco and Dick Blick for everything else.  A lot of the time, they tend to be cheaper than the Boces bids and of much better quality.

For example, when I bought Elmer's glue my first year, it was the Elmer's School Glue (which isn't very good I've learned) and over half the bottles were clogged and really hard to squeeze when I got them!  This last year, I bought the glue from Dick Blick and it was of much better quality...I think only 2 of 24 bottles had to be unclogged when I got them.

Anyways, the point of this post is for me to share my Art Room Inventory list that I created to go through my supplies and figure out what I do and don't have.  Since I haven't figured out how to sync Google Documents with my blog yet, I have shared my Art Room Inventory on the smART teacher website.  You can find it here.  These are all of the basic supplies that I take an inventory of every year to gauge my requisitions by.  I don't include glazes because I am usually out at the end of the year and I just order different class packs every year.  Hope it can be of some use to my followers!

2 comments:

  1. I don't even begin to think about what I need to order for the next year until around April. Our orders are not done until around May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could do that! I would have a much better idea of what to order! Our budget vote is in the middle of may, so I suppose they have us do it so early so they can have a better budget proposal put together?

      Delete