Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Art Elective: Completed Zentangle Alphabets

For the most part (I'd say 6 out of the 7), the students are happy with this project, and so am I!  Their zentangled letters turned out awesome!  We are going to be doing one more zentangle project...next class they need to bring in 2-3 possible items to zentangle...I am going to bring in some bowling pins!  I heard a few mention a lamp shade and shoes (I would LOVE to own a pair of zentangled shoes...too bad I'm not willing to give up any of my shoes!), which would be pretty cool.  I can't wait to see what they have for ideas!  (On a side note, I think it'd be pretty cool to do a lampshade on a bowling pin...one of the shop teachers down the hall and I had a conversation a few days ago about how he once drilled holes down the center of a bowling pin to make a lamp out of it...I think I know what I'm making for this project!!!)

You can check out the rubric for this project on my previous zentangle post here.









2 comments:

  1. Your students did a great job on this! Wow! You only have 7 students in the class?? Lucky for you! Did you have alphabet templates a that you used? And what kind of markers did you use? Sharpies? Or something else? Really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, only 7. I'm hoping that next year I'll have enticed more students into the elective, which would in turn make the board thing about hiring someone part time to take over elementary so I could be come full time high school...ah, wishful thinking in these hard money times! The first project show, the student did her own bubble letters. Everyone else went onto Microsoft Word and picked out a font they liked, blew it up, and printed it off. We used a light table to trace the contours of the letters. I had them do this with Sharpie markers on vellum bristol board. We glued them onto mat board, which I hesitated to do (I wanted to truly mat them correctly, but my mating skills are a little rusty!).

      Delete